“Providing and Protecting Our Region’s Water Supply”.its a mission our Board of Directors and staff take very seriously. This mantra holds true for not only our residents, but visitors as well. That’s why we have joined the Monterey County Convention and Visitors Bureau’s Sustainable Moments Collective.
This group of like-minded public agencies, cities and organizations are focused on informing and educating Monterey County visitors on the importance of traveling and enjoying this beautiful region in a sustainable manner.
The Monterey Peninsula Water Management District has long worked with visitor-serving businesses to help them reduce potable water use through rebates on water-efficient fixtures and appliances, assist with local, regional and state mandated water consumption regulations and free signage to encourage guests to be water wise.
Active programs include:
- In-room signage encouraging towel and linen resue
- In washroom signage reminding visitors to conserve water
- Outreach to restaurants regarding regulations requiring water to be only served on request.
- Generous rebates on commercial appliances including clothes washers, dish washers, kitchen equipment and bathroom fixtures like toilets
- Generous rebates on landscaping for turf removal, irrigation system improvements and other large water-saving projects
- Rebates on greywater and rainwater catchment systems
Our region is one of the most beautiful in the world with renowned author Robert Lewis Stevenson proclaiming, it is the “Greatest meeting of land and sea”. To this end, protecting this environment while protecting it’s most precious resource, water, is why we urge visitors to our area to travel to and enjoy our area responsibly. For more information on how you can help, visit the Monterey County Convention and Visitors Bureau’s Sustainable Moments webpage at Sustainable Moments Showcase
Thank you for choosing blue!
The Water Management District