WATER DEMAND DIVISION
OBJECTIVES FOR FISCAL YEAR 2004-2005
Objective: Manage and Allocate Available Water
1. Provide staff support to Information Technology Officer and contractor to design and implement a standardized Windows-based property/permitting database.
2. Maintain a comprehensive policies and procedures manual for the Water Demand Division.
3. Evaluate and issue water permits for projects within the District and ensure compliance with permit conditions.
4. Coordinate with jurisdictions regarding water credits and allocations.
5. Track jurisdiction water allocations and provide monthly report to Board.
6. Review environmental documents on large projects for completeness and accuracy.
7. Inspect properties for compliance with permit and water conservation requirements.
Objective: Promote Water Conservation
1. Track changes of ownership and obtain certification and verification of compliance with District rules.
2. Assess and document Water Use Credits and other permanent reductions in water use.
3. Work with Cal-Am on implementation of the Expanded Water Conservation and Standby Rationing Plan.
4. Monitor Cal-Am consumption for compliance with Regulation 14, Water Conservation. Enforce as needed.
5. Regularly maintain and update Internet site to include current and useful information related to WDD policies and procedures, water saving appliances, water credits, and other related information.
6. Respond to water waste complaints and follow up as necessary.
7. Actively participate as a member of the Water Awareness Committee of Monterey County.
8. Provide landscape water audits upon request.
9. Provide free showerheads, faucet aerators, rain sensors and positive-action shut-off nozzles and water conservation literature.