PLANNING AND ENGINEERING DIVISION
OBJECTIVES FOR FISCAL YEAR 2004-2005
Objective:†† Increase Water Supply To Meet Community and Environmental Needs
1. Pursue water supply
opportunities both within and outside of District, in cooperation and consultation
2. Prepare EIR on long-term (ASR) project (pending Board direction on June 21, 2004).
3. Continue pursuit of the
Districtís two Petitions for Change (for ASR and existing
Objective:†† Maintain Mitigation Program
1. Prepare 2003-04 annual report for Mitigation Program by January 2005.
2. Complete permitting and
design of repairs to Valley Hills Restoration Project and large wood habitat
3. Provide technical and
permitting assistance to
Maintain vegetation in the
5. Continue process to secure long-term Memorandum of Understanding with California Department of Fish and Game for river maintenance activities.
Plan and design lower
Conduct annual soil, and avian (bird) monitoring to document quality of
Objective:†† Endangered Species Act Compliance
1. Assure compliance with Endangered Species Act for District activities.
Objective:†† Complete Other Activities
1. Assist in public information program on water issues and District actions.
2. Implement MPWMD Rules and Regulations and associated Implementation Guidelines for water distribution systems, including CEQA review and permit processing, with assistance from a consultant.
3. Comply with CEQA for District projects.
4. Participate in CEQA environmental review on non-District projects that could affect water resources within the District.