This meeting has been noticed according to the Brown Act rules.
The Board of Directors meets regularly on the third Monday of each month.
The meetings begin at 7:00 PM.
Board of Directors
Monterey Peninsula Water Management District
November 24, 2003
6:30 PM -- Closed Session
7:00 PM -- Regular Meeting
5 Harris Court, Building G, Ryan Ranch Business Park, Monterey, CA
6:30 PM – Closed Session – District Library
CLOSED SESSION As permitted by Government Code Section 54956 et seq., the Board may adjourn to closed or executive session to consider specific matters dealing with pending or threatened litigation, certain personnel matters, or certain property acquisition matters.
1. Consider Guidelines for Noticing Ad Hoc Committee Meetings (Revised 11/21/03)
6. Hubert Morel-Seytoux Regarding Garzas Creek
7. Board Comments and Referrals
8. Consider Water Use Credit Recommendation for Installation of SOMAT Disposal Systems and Waterless Urinals at the Presidio of Monterey –CONTINUED TO FEBRUARY 26, 2004 BOARD MEETING AT REQUEST OF APPLICANT
Action: The Board will consider a request for Water Use Credits at the Presidio of Monterey.
Action: The Board will consider an appeal of a staff decision to deny a Water Use Credit for an outdoor spa pursuant to MPWMD Resolution 2001-09. Public comment will be received on this item.
10. Continuation of Second Reading of Ordinance No. 109 - Revising Rule 23.5 and Adopting Additional Provisions to Facilitate the Financing and Expansion of the Carmel Area Wastewater District (CAWD)/Pebble Beach Community Services District (PBCSD) Recycled Water Project, Approval of Related CEQA Findings
Action: The Board will consider the second reading of Ordinance No. 109, which would enable upgrades to the CAWD/PBCSD Recycled Water Project (formerly titled the CAWD/PBCSD Wastewater Reclamation Project). Water entitlements held by the Pebble Beach Company in accordance with MPWMD Ordinance No. 39 would be made available to properties throughout Del Monte Forest, rather than only to properties owned by the Pebble Beach Company. Ordinance No. 109 would amend MPWMD Rule 23.5. The Board will first consider approval of CEQA findings in support of its action on Ordinance No. 109. The Board reviewed the second reading version of this ordinance on November 17, 2003, directed that changes be made, and continued the hearing to November 24, 2003. The public hearing on the Second Reading of Ordinance No. 109 was closed on November 17, 2003. Public comment will be received on Ordinance No. 109 and the CEQA findings.
Action: The Board will discuss baseline conservation requirements for outdoor water uses and provide direction to staff. Public comment will be received on this item.
DIRECTORS’ CLOSING COMMENTS