Board of Directors
Monterey Peninsula Water Management District
August 29, 2002
Seaside City Council Chambers
440 Harcourt Avenue, Seaside CA 93955-0810
CALL TO ORDER/ROLL CALL
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
ORAL COMMUNICATIONS Anyone wishing to address the Board on Consent Calendar, Informational Items, Staff Reports or matters not listed on the agenda may do so during Oral Communications. Please limit your comment to three minutes. The public may comment on Action and Public Hearing items at the time they are considered by the Board.
CONSENT CALENDAR Routine items for which staff has prepared a recommendation. Approval of the Consent Calendar ratifies the staff recommendation. The public may address the Board on any Consent Calendar item during the Oral Communications portion of the meeting. Please limit your comments to three minutes.
1. Consider Approval of Minutes from the Regular Board Meeting of July 15, 2002; and the Special Board Meeting of July 31, 2002
2. Consider Extension of United States Geological Survey Cooperative Agreement for Water Year 2003
3. Receive Semi-Annual Groundwater Quality Monitoring Report
4. Ratification of Appointment to the Carmel River Advisory Committee
5. Consider Adoption of Resolution of Appreciation for Craig Vetter
6. Consider Adoption of Resolution of Appreciation for Michael Waxer
GENERAL MANAGER’S REPORT
7. Update on Estimate of District Revenues and Expenditures Since 1978
8. Update on California-American Water Company Water Production Data Discrepancy
9. Report on Closed Sessions of July 15, and July 31, 2002
10. Board Comments and Referrals
No public hearing items are presented for Board consideration.
11. Consider Authorization for Execution of Contract Amendment with Jones & Stokes Associates: Phase 2 Scope of Work and Cost Estimate for Long-Term Water Supply Project EIR
Action: The Board will consider authorizing staff to execute a contract amendment with Jones and Stokes Associates to include Phase 2 tasks associated with the long-term water supply project EIR. The Board will review the scope of work and cost estimates of core tasks associated with preparation of a Draft EIR for public review in early 2003, and will also consider three optional tasks related to the scope of study in the EIR. Public comment will be received on this item.
12. Receive Presentation on Key Findings of Phase III Laguna Seca Subarea Hydrogeologic Update
Action: The consultant team will provide a brief presentation on the updated hydrogeologic evaluation of the Laguna Seca Subarea of the Seaside Ground Water Basin. Public comment will be received on this item.
INFORMATIONAL ITEMS/STAFF REPORTS The public may address the Board on Informational Items and Staff Reports during the Oral Communications portion of the meeting. Please limit your comments to three minutes.
13. Letters Received
14. Committee Reports
15. Strategic Planning Initiatives Progress Report
16. Monthly Water Supply Project Report
17. Carmel River Fishery Report
18. Water Conservation Program Report
19. Water Use Credit Transfer Status Report
20. Monthly Allocation Report
21. Monthly Cal-Am Sales Report
22. Monthly Cal-Am Production Report
23. Production Report – CAWD/PBCSD Wastewater Reclamation Project
24. Monthly Water Supply Status Report
ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION As permitted by Government Code Section 54956 et seq., the Board may adjourn to a closed or executive session to consider specific matters dealing with pending or threatened litigation, certain personnel matters, or certain property acquisition matters.
25. Conference with Legal Counsel (Gov. Code Section 54956.9)
A. California-American Water Company Application No. 02-04-022 to the Public Utilities Commission for Authority to Increase Rates for Service for 2003, 2004 and 2005
26. Conference with Labor Negotiators (Gov. Code Section 54957)
A. Agency Designated Representative: Ernesto A. Avila
Unrepresented Employees: Confidential Staff Unit
B. Agency Designated Representatives: Ernesto A. Avila, Rick Dickhaut, Cynthia Schmidlin Employee Organization: Laborers’ International Union of North America, AFL-CIO, (LIUNA/UPEC) Local 270
27. Conference with Legal Counsel – Anticipated Litigation – Significant Exposure to Litigation Exists Pursuant to Subdivision (b) (3) (D) of Gov. Code Section 54956.9 (One Case)
28. Public Employee Performance Evaluation (Gov. Code Section 54957)
A. General Manager
29. Conference with Legal Counsel – Existing Litigation (Gov. Code Section 54956.9)
A. Mary Currier, Chris Currier and Roy and Jeanelle Kaminske v MPWMD, Case No. M59299, Monterey County Superior Court
B. Cities of Seaside, Carmel, Del Rey Oaks, Monterey, Pacific Grove and Sand City v MPWMD, Case No. M59441, Monterey County Superior Court